Contact our Tampa personal injury lawyers if you were injured in a Tampa car accident by a speeding driver. Everyone is busy and juggling the demands of modern life. But that’s not an excuse for reckless driving. Speed limits exist for a reason. Our Tampa Speeding Accident Attorneys can help you hold a negligent driver responsible and seek damage compensation.
Speeding presents a hazard on the road for everyone. Everyone has driven over the speed limit from time to time. In 2020 alone, 11,258 people were killed by a speeding driver (NHTSA).
You don’t have to suffer the consequences alone or without legal recourse. Our Tampa Speeding Accident Attorneys will fight to protect your rights and win you a favorable outcome. Call us today to see how we can help with your case.
How A Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney Can Help You
Accidents happen all the time. Sometimes you’re the one speeding. When another speeding driver causes your injuries, you probably want to hold them accountable. But without evidence, the insurance company may deny or undervalue your claim.
To avoid getting a settlement that’s far less than what you deserve, work with a Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney. That way, you can concentrate on your recovery.
If your loved one died in a crash caused by a speeding driver, our Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney could help you file a Florida wrongful death claim. You deserve justice for the preventable loss of your loved ones’ death.
Here are other ways you can benefit from letting our team of Tampa Speeding Accident Attorneys works on your case:
- We will investigate to prove the other driver was speeding and caused the collision.
- We work with experts to ensure we have the facts straight and strong evidence to support your claim.
- As the best in our field, we also know the other top professionals in the area. We will enlist the help of other top-quality specialists like Accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and private investigators.
- We have experience handling speeding accident cases and know how to assess a fair value for your claim.
- We will find out exactly what caused your crash
- A Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney will ensure you identify all liable parties and pursue compensation.
Our primary goal is to help speeding accident victims maximize financial recovery. So if you were injured in a Tampa car accident, consult a Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney. Call us today for professional legal counsel to help you make informed decisions.
What Makes People Speed in Tampa?
Drivers may speed for the thrill of it, to get somewhere on time, out of emotion, inexperience, drunk driving, or simply due to inattention. No matter the cause, speeding can endanger everyone, including motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorcyclists.
According to the National Safety Council, speeding causes over a quarter (26%) of all traffic fatalities in the country. Nearly 10,000 people died in a speeding-related accident in 2019, which increased to 11,258 in 2020.
If a speeding driver injured you, call a knowledgeable Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney for legal advice. There’s no excuse for speeding that causes another person harm or injuries, and the at-fault driver can be held responsible.
How Much Is My Speeding Accident Claim Worth in Tampa?
There is no rulebook for determining an exact claim value. But, generally speaking, more severe or catastrophic injuries result in higher settlements. And speeding accidents usually end with more severe injuries due to the higher collision impact.
A Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney can review your case to assess certain factors that may affect your settlement amount, like:
- Whether you have permanent injuries or a disability after the accident
- If you and how much work you missed
- The extent of medical treatment you require for accident injuries
- How much pain and suffering have you experienced
- How the accident affected your quality of life
- If you need assistive care
To ensure you can seek damage compensation, you need to provide evidence to establish the other party’s liability for the crash. Determining the value of a Florida personal injury claim is like a balancing act. You have to consider all factors and determine a fair value for each damage. Some damages such as pain and suffering are more subjective and challenging to quantify.
With your Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney’s experience and expertise, you can be sure to claim for all damages you’re entitled to and get the most from your accident claim.
What Damages Am I Entitled to Recover After a Speeding Accident in Tampa?
You don’t want to miss any damage recoveries you’re qualified to get. And you only have one chance to get compensation, so you’ll want to make the most of it. A Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney knows the laws regarding personal injury damages, so they can help you identify all potential damages you deserve.
Examples of damages you can recover after a Tampa speeding accident include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Missed work and lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Diminished earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Emotional anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological distress (anxiety, depression, PTSD)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
What if I’m Partially at Fault for the Accident?
Even if you are partially responsible for causing the crash, you can still recover damages. While you may still seek damage reimbursement, comparative fault laws in Florida hold that your damage award amount can get reduced by however much fault you contributed. So if you were 20% at fault, a jury could reduce your award by 20%.
Without solid legal representation, you’ll have to rely on the insurance company’s opinion of how much fault you have. However, a Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney can work to minimize your role in the accident. We are not afraid to challenge insurance companies’ allegations or go to court if it comes to that.
Speeding Accidents Are Likely to Result in Severe Injuries
High-speed crashes are likely to cause more severe injuries than accidents at low speeds. Here are some common injuries that result from speeding accidents:
- Airbag injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Chest injuries
- Concussion (a form of TBI)
- Head injuries, including skull fractures
- Neck pain
- Organ damage or internal bleeding
- Road Burns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Don’t hesitate to call our Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney to learn about your legal right to reimbursement. No matter what type of injuries you suffer, you deserve fair financial recovery to help you pay for all your expenses. While money won’t make your injuries go away, it can help you recover financially and focus on healing.
Why Is Speed a Major Factor in Tampa Accidents and Traffic Fatalities?
Speeding motor vehicles are more likely to get in accidents for several reasons. Here are some factors that lead to speeding accidents:
- A speeding vehicle has less time to slow down and stop
- They have less time to react to other cars or unexpected obstructions on the road
- It’s easier to lose control of the vehicle while going fast
- Tire grips are less effective while speeding, especially on wet pavement
- Safety features may not work as intended in a high-speed crash
Speed limits also exist on Tampa roads for a reason. Government authorities consider important aspects of the road before enforcing a speed limit. For example, they consider the neighborhood, the number of lanes, whether roads are winding or curvy, and if there is a nearby school zone. As a result, speed limits are usually lower in residential areas and school zones to prevent pedestrian accidents.
A Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney Can Help You Prove Negligence
Our team of skilled Tampa Speeding Accident Attorneys will take the following steps to establish the other party’s negligence:
- Investigate the accident intensively
- Collect strong supporting evidence
- Work with specialists accident reconstruction specialists to analyze evidence and prove the other driver was speeding
- Get police reports
- Obtain witness testimonies
- Assess your vehicle damage
Contact a skilled Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney with experience handling speeding accident cases to get the best outcome possible.
Is There a Deadline to File a Speeding Accident Claim in Florida?
The statute of limitations in Tampa for speeding accidents is four years. Once the deadline passes, you cannot seek damage recovery or file a claim.
Contact a Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney Today
If you were injured from a speeding accident caused by a negligent driver, contact a knowledgeable Tampa Speeding Accident Attorney.
We offer a free initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose.